Open Auditions for The Christians by Lucas Hnath
Auditions will be held Mon & Tue, OCT 9 & 10, 2017, starting at 7:00 pm both nights.
Production dates: Nov 17-Dec 3, 2017
Directed by Lorrie Sparrow-Knapp
Produced by Jeff Sams and Kathy Mola
Pastor Paul’s modest church of twenty years ago now has a congregation of thousands, classrooms for Sunday school, a coffee shop, and much more. But today Paul will preach a sermon that will shake the foundations of his church’s beliefs. What happens when something we believe will always remain the same suddenly changes? A finalist at the Humana Festival in 2014, this play opened off-Broadway soon afterward. In 2016, it was chosen as the eighth most-produced new play by American Theatre Magazine.
• Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
• Whereas singing ability is not required for casting, you may be asked to sing a chorus of the hymn, “Amazing Grace.”
• A résumé and headshot are not required but are appreciated.
• Please provide a list of all known conflicts between Oct 16 & Dec 3, 2017
- Paul: A Pastor, late 40’s to early 50’s
- Elizabeth: Paul’s Wife, mid 40’s to early 50’s
- Joshua: Associate Pastor, mid 20’s through 30
- Jay: Church Elder, late 40’s to early 50’s
- Jennifer: A Congregant, early 20’s
For further information or a copy of the script to read in advance, please contact the director at email@example.com