Open Auditions for Marjorie Prime by Jordan Harrison
Mon & Tue, Aug 21 & 22, 2017, starting at 7:00 pm both nights.
Production dates: Oct 6-22, 2017
(NOTE: If you would like to audition but are unavailable these two evenings, please contact the director at email@example.com to schedule an alternate time.)
Directed by Jared Mola
Produced by Debra Kent
In the not-too-distant future and the age of artificial intelligence, 85-year-old Marjorie is trying to cope with the loss of her deceased husband through the use of a prime, an exact replica of him programmed to interact with her in human-like ways. What would we remember, and what would we forget, if given the chance? Would we rewrite the past? This play explores loss and memory, the mysteries of human identity and the limits (if any) of what technology can replace. MARJORIE PRIME was a finalist for the 2015 Pulitzer Prize for drama.
• Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
• A résumé and headshot are not required but are appreciated.
• Please provide a list of all known conflicts between Aug 23 & Oct 22.
- Marjorie – 80’s
- Walter – late 20’s – 30’s
- Tess – 50’s – Marjorie’s daughter
- Jon – 50’s – Marjorie’s son-in-law
For further information or a copy of the script to read in advance, please contact the director at firstname.lastname@example.org